Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Nowhere to Turn by Lynette Eason – A Book Review

     My husband is used to my telling him about the characters and events in the books I’m reading just like I relay information about our friends and relatives.  However, while I was reading Nowhere to Turn he got used to my starting to tell him something only to end with, “No, I can’t tell you that.  You are going to want to read this one yourself!”  I have seen several requests among the avid reader group I belong to on Facebook asking for suggestions for Christian fiction that men would enjoy.  Lynette Eason has definitely written a mystery tale that is not gender specific. 
     Nowhere to Turn is the second book in the Hidden Identity series.  I reviewed the first, No One to Trust, on my blog on January 5, 2014.  While Summer and David were indeed in this second book, they played minor roles.  Adam Buchanan, a member of Operation Refuge, founded by Summer and David and supported by the governor, steps to the forefront in this story.  While dealing with his own family issues spurred on by the circumstances of his uncle’s death, Adam puts the crisis in Danielle Harding’s life before his own concerns.  The crisis in Danielle’s life places everyone around her in mortal danger, especially those sworn to protect her and her son.
     Danielle and Simon cling to one another in a life that has been dictated by betrayal.  Everywhere they turn someone they should have been able to rely on turns on them.  Out of desperation they turn to Operation Refuge, forcing their heightened sense of distrust aside because they had nowhere else to turn.  In spite of Adam Buchanan’s promise of protection, danger seems to follow them everywhere they go.  Someone is able to track their every move, but how?  Until that mystery can be solved Danielle and Simon will never be safe from their hidden enemy or enemies.  Threats seem to be coming from multiple directions, but could they all be tied together somehow? 

     Nowhere to Turn has something for most every reader: mystery, intrigue, romance, family values. I thank Revell Publishers and Christian Fiction Blog Alliance for providing Nowhere to Turn for my honest review. I did not receive any monetary compensation for a favorable review and the opinions expressed here are strictly my own.  I would give this book five out of five stars for being able to keep readers awake and turning pages throughout the night.  I am anxiously awaiting book three, No Place to Hide.  

No comments:

Post a Comment