- Jesus and God received cursory attention.
- While the Bible says that there will be not marriage in heaven, married couples lived as married couples in a replica of the same home and town they shared on earth.
- People in heaven fretted over their family on earth, and returned to earth to influence events there.
- This fretting over their earthbound family caused the people in heaven to begin to age again, along with all of the accompanying aches and pains.
- A young girl lived in a home all alone in heaven. She had no name, and others just called her "girl" or "honey." It was suggested that she might be a product of abortion after an affair.
I wouldn't put this book at the top of my Christmas list even though the author has wonderful writing skills, and the background information on the sweetgrass weavers is very interesting.