Monday, February 15, 2016

Always Watching by Lynette Eason – A Book Review

      Lynette Eason
     The Elite Guardians, bodyguards led by Olivia Edwards, are always watching over their client, radio personality, Wade Savage. Unfortunately, Wade’s stalker is equally vigilant in watching his every move. As the stalker begins to expand his, or is it her, focus to include Wade’s young daughter, Amy, and one of his bodyguards is severely injured in an attack outside the radio station, Olivia is forced to call in back up from local law enforcement. Even with the extra resources, much of Olivia’s time is spent with Wade, and the growing attraction is undeniable. Will the attraction prove too much of a distraction, and will that lead to deadly consequences? After all, Wade has done something to make the stalker very angry.
     When reviews are posted on web sites, the reviewer is often asked to give a star rating of the book or product. When considering the number of stars I consider how well the item being reviewed met my expectations and how pleased I was with it. Well, if I were to give Always Watching a star rating, and I was comparing it to how other mysteries I’ve read over the last few years met my expectations and provided reading pleasure, I would give it four stars. However, if I were to compare it with the last two Lynette Eason books I’d read from her Hidden Identity series, I would probably give it three stars. As mysteries in general go, Always Watching is a great read, but for my reading pleasure it was less engaging than Nowhere to Turn and No One to Trust. I found the characters to be less endearing and the events less realistic. Am I saying that I wouldn’t recommend this book, absolutely not. It simply is not my favorite Lynette Eason book. Will I read the next book in this series, certainly; after all it’s a Lynette Eason book.
     I thank Revell Publishers and Christian Fiction Blog Alliance for providing Always Watching for my honest review. I did not receive any monetary compensation for a favorable review and the opinions expressed here are strictly my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment