Thursday, January 4, 2018

Praying for Strangers by River Jordan - A Book Review

   An image posted by the author.

     I was gifted Praying for Strangers by a good friend, and am very grateful. This thoughtful read about the work of prayers in others’ lives, and the work of praying in our own has given me pause to consider my own prayer life. Yesterday I heard a quote on K-LOVE radio asking if God answered all of your prayers, would it change anyone’s life but your own. While I don’t think my prayer life is so self-centered as to answer that question in the negative, I would have to say that frequently it would only change the lives of family, church family, friends, and those for whom they specifically ask prayer. So, while I am not stepping up to the resolution River Jordan made of praying daily for a stranger, I am striving to be more aware of the needs of strangers around me, and to lift them in prayer. I have even introduced myself and asked, “Is there any way I can pray for you today?” Thanks River Jordan for reminding me to slow down and be aware of those around me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment