Saturday, January 20, 2018

Oath of Honor by Lynette Eason - A Book Review

Oath of Honor (Blue Justice Book #1)Lynette Eason

     I am a huge Lynette Eason fan. I especially enjoyed her Hidden Identity and Elite Guardians series. This first book in her Blue Justice series has an interesting premise, lots of suspense and some unexpected surprises. It is the book that introduces us to the St. John family, a family of eight, largely made up of law enforcement officers. It focuses on Izzy St. John and a long-time family friend, Detective Ryan Marshall who is also the brother of Izzy’s murdered partner, Kevin Marshall. Their pursuit of Kevin’s murderer draws them into an investigation involving organized crime and dirty cops, some of which might be very close to home. While I did enjoy the book, and would recommend it, there were spots where I felt like I’d missed something, reread, and still felt like a piece was missing. These were few and far between, and I still thoroughly enjoyed this newest offering by Eason.

     I thank NetGalley and Baker Publishing Group for providing me with a copy of Oath of Honor in exchange for this honest review. I received no financial compensation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment