Tuesday, May 28, 2019

Murder in the City of Liberty by Rachel McMillan

Murder in the City of Liberty (A Van Buren and DeLuca Mystery Book 2)    Rachel McMillan


I really enjoyed Murder I the City of Liberty, but I was constantly aware of the fact that I would have understood the characters and the plot better had I read Murder at the Flamingo first. So of course that is what I recommend doing. Even without that advantage, I was quickly pulled into the lives of Regina (Reggie) Van Buren and Hamish DeLuca, private investigators in 1940s Boston. Regina brings a connection to high society, Hamish to the underworld through his cousin Luca, and both to the minority community of the North End. Sometimes these connections create complications more than they help as Reggie and Hamish pursue their current case involving Minor League Baseball, the building of tenements and the smuggling of munitions as the world waits to see if the United States will join the second great war.

I was grateful to have received a complimentary copy of this book from Thomas Nelson through NetGalley. Opinions expressed in this review are completely my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment