Tuesday, May 3, 2022

What Remains True by Nancy Naigle - A Book Review

  

The setting was my favorite part of What Remains True. Antler Creek is a quaint, little town in the mountains. It's main street is lined with businesses owned and run by hometown folk; no big box stores here. People know one another's business and take care of their own, even though visitors and new comers are made to feel welcome. Merry Anna Foster loved the town so much at first sight that she decided to take a part-time job and settle down for a few months in the beautiful and peaceful surroundings while she recuperated from years running a stressful corporation and a failed marriage.

While What Remains True is a clean read, and it does include some church scenes, it will push the limits for some readers as to whether or not it should be considered Christian fiction. I can't really expound on that without including spoilers, which I choose not to do.

This latest release by Nancy Naigle is a sweet romance and it will make a great vacation read. I would likely have enjoyed it even more than I did if I had not read her book The Shell Collector which is a very hard act to follow. I had wanted to give this book 3 ½ stars, but rounded to four. I will continue to watch for Naigle's new releases, adding her to my list of authors to follow.

I am grateful to have received a complimentary copy of What Remains True from WaterBrook via NetGalley without obligation. All opinions expressed here are my own. 




No comments:

Post a Comment