Thursday, August 17, 2023

Letters From My Sister by Valerie Fraser Luesse - A Book Review

  

Set in Alabama in the early 1900s, Letters From My Sister tells the story of the strong relationship between a prominent farming family and the family who had served them in so many ways over the decades. It also tells the story of two closely knit sisters who were quite different one from the other, and whose faith and love never wavered. Then nearing the halfway point of the story it morphs into a mystery whose solution appears to be unthinkable. It is also at this point that I became so captivated that I was unable to walk away from the book for any longer than absolutely necessary. The one thing that absolutely stands out in the book is Luesse's character development. She creates characters that readers feel like they truly have come to know on a deeply personal level. I am very grateful to have received a complimentary copy of Letters From My Sister from Revell via NetGalley without obligation. All opinions expressed here are my own.


No comments:

Post a Comment