Wednesday, October 11, 2023

On Moonberry Lake by Holly Varni - A Book Review

  


 Even though the leading lady of On Moonberry Lake is twenty-six years old, it still feels like a coming-of-age story. Maybe that is because Cora Matthews feels like she lost her childhood when her mother took her away from all she had ever known and loved without ever explaining why. As a result Cora had never been able to put down roots, that is not until she returned to the small town of Moonberry Lake, Minnesota, a town filled with unforgettable characters. On Moonberry Lake will make readers cry and then laugh until they cry. Numerous times I stopped my husband in whatever he was doing to read hilarious excerpts aloud to him. (I have a broken right hand and wrist. So, I am not currently much help around the house) It brightened my day, and I think it brightened his, too.

The only iffy element of this book for me was that a couple of characters had a new age edge to them. I would recommend this book to mature Christians that could separate the wheat from the chaff, but would be less likely to recommend it to new Christians or unbelievers.

I am grateful to have received a complimentary copy from Revell via NetGalley without obligation. All opinions expressed here are my own. 


No comments:

Post a Comment