Wednesday, March 20, 2024

A Noble Scheme by Roseanna M. White - A Book Review

 

  

The Codebreakers has been my all time favorite Roseanna M. White series, but I think it is going to have to move over and make room for The Imposters. I have so enjoyed reading the first two books about the lovable, quirky characters that make up the investigation team known as The Imposters. This second book in the series has two very interesting storylines. The first is, of course, the case that they are currently investigating, a kidnapping case involving a ten-year-old boy, a case of mistaken identity. The second, a sad yet poignant story of a loving couple whom circumstances have driven apart, a story of unforgiveness, and a story of turning one's face away from God. The saddest part of the advanced reader copy I received was the page that said that the final book of this series will be available in November of this year. I will miss these characters and am sad to see the series end with the next book. I certainly hope they will make cameo appearances in some of White's future novels. As always with White's books, A Noble Scheme is well thought out. Information in this book and in its connections to the first one is carefully woven together and released at just the right moment. Much to my satisfaction, the ending was not rushed, the author was generous with the time and space she allowed for bringing the story to a meaningful conclusion. I am grateful to have received a complimentary copy of A Noble Scheme from Bethany House Publishers via NetGalley without obligation. All opinions expressed here are my own. 





No comments:

Post a Comment