Tuesday, March 30, 2021

A Patchwork Past by Leslie Gould - A Book Review

    


I anticipated being entertained, but I really wasn't expecting a sweet Amish story to inform me in the way that this one did. Leslie Gould does a wonderful job of using this story to enlighten and expand her readers' views on immigration. The contemporary story follows Sophie Deiner, a young lady who was raised Amish, as she struggles with Lupus and builds relationships with undocumented agricultural workers near her parents' farm. The historical portion of this book follows Mary Landes in 1871 as she learns of the plight of immigrants in Chicago. I highly recommend this book. It will satisfy a wide variety of readers.

I am grateful to have received a complimentary copy of A Patchwork Past from Bethany House via NetGalley without obligation. All opinions expressed here are my own.


No comments:

Post a Comment