Tuesday, March 2, 2021

My Dear Miss Dupre by Grace Hitchcock - A Book Review


Having read Hitchcock's The Gray Chamber and The White City, the style and plot of My Dear Miss Dupré were quite unexpected. The mystery elements of Hitchcock's latest book are what kept me engaged. The romantic elements were not. The book reads like an 1882 version of The Bachelorette, but that said, the whimsical nature of the plot and the opportunities to piece together clues did lead me to give this book four stars. The theme of returning to a trusting relationship with our sovereign Lord was also a strong and endearing element of My Dear Miss Dupré.

I am grateful to have received a copy of this, the first book in Grace Hitchcock's new American Royalty series, from Bethany House via NetGalley without obligation. All opinions expressed here are my own.


No comments:

Post a Comment