Wednesday, December 1, 2021

Saving Mrs. Roosevelt by Candice Sue Patterson - A Book Review

   

I am familiar with the WAVES, the navy Women’s Reserve, but prior to reading this book I knew nothing of the SPARs who were named after the Coast Guard’s motto, “Semper Paratus, Always Ready.” This female reserve of the Coast Guard was established to free able-bodied men working the home front to join the war effort. The SPARs were decommissioned after World War II was over.

Fans of Sarah Sundin will be thrilled with Saving Mrs. Roosevelt by Candice Sue Patterson. Like Sundin, Patterson writes a well-researched story that includes intrigue and a touch of romance that honors the contribution of women to our nation’s armed forces, and that acknowledges the cost to those at home. I look forward to future books by this author, and new offerings in Barbour Publishing’s Heroines of WW II series.

I am grateful to have received a complimentary copy of this book from Barbour Publishing via NetGalley without obligation. All opinions expressed here are my own.  




2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for reading and reviewing! I’m glad you enjoyed the book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will be looking forward to reading more of your books in the future.

      Delete