Tuesday, March 7, 2023

Under Fire by Lynn H. Blackburn - A Book Review

  

Previously I have given Lynn H. Blackburn four and five stars. So, the bar was set high for Under Fire. It is a great story, but my least favorite of her Defend and Protect series. The suspense element is intriguing, the romance filled with tension. There were, however, snippets of the story that were confusing, and some that were redundant. I am a big fan of epilogues that give you a look into a couple's happily-ever-after, but this one felt more like a plug for the next book and would have been better as a sneak peak into a first chapter. With all of that said, I would still recommend this book to romantic suspense fans. I especially like how the characters' faith is demonstrated as a natural part of the way they do life together. The humor had me laughing aloud multiple times. This is an author that I will continue to look for in the future. I am grateful to have received a complimentary copy of Under Fire from Revell without obligation. All opinions expressed here are my own. 




No comments:

Post a Comment