Wednesday, March 1, 2023

The Escape Game by Marilyn Turk - A Book Review

  

I am so glad I turned to the back and read the Author's Notes first. The information there added to the pleasure of reading The Escape Game. This book highlights the emotional toll of the bombings Europeans endured during WW II as well as the uncertainty about the well-being of loved ones. The plot was interesting as the story moved between Beryl Clarke in Leeds, England and Kenneth Bordelon in a POW camp in Germany. It held my interest as I read whenever the opportunity presented itself. It was a satisfying read up until the last chapter and epilogue in which everything was brought to a rushed and highly unsatisfying conclusion. I found myself mentally filling in the holes left in the story.

I am grateful to have received a complimentary copy of The Escape Game from Barbour Publishing via NetGalley without obligation. All opinions expressed here are my own.




No comments:

Post a Comment