Saturday, February 24, 2024

Swindoll's Living Insights New Testament Commentary by Charles R. Swindoll

  


Typically I consult commentaries when I am looking for more information on a particular verse or section of Scripture. I recently read the book of Revelation along with Charles Swindoll's commentary on that book. I had read Revelation straight through many times, but I gleaned so much more this time thanks to Swindoll's knowledge and his ability to connect things together in ways I would never have seen on my own. I was so excited about how this commentary enlightened my understanding of this Scripture, and I had stopped so many times to share insights with my husband, that we purchased the entire fifteen volume set of this New Testament Commentary for both ourselves and one for our son who is a pastor. I am now a little over halfway through the first volume that covers Matthew Chapters One through Fifteen. My own grasp of this book of the Bible was already greater than my understanding of the symbolism and imagery of the book of Revelation, but I am still excited about the new things I am learning. I highly recommend this set of commentaries, and look forward to reading through the New Testament with greater understanding compliments of Dr. Swindoll's wonderful writing and teaching style. 



No comments:

Post a Comment