Tuesday, April 9, 2024

Night Falls on Predicament Avenue by Jaime Jo Wright - A Book Review

   

This is the eleventh Jaime Jo Wright book that I have read, and it is my very favorite! Both the 1901 tale and the present day tale get five stars for eeriness and suspense. They are filled with things that go bump in the night, dark secrets, unsolved murder, and fear. One would definitely have to think about the wisdom of reading this book late into the night. While Jaime Jo Wright always serves up a wonderfully spooky story, she also provides fodder for thought at a deeper level. In this novel it is on the theme of fear, not the type of fear her stories ignite, but the fear associated with death, and with living, fear that can cripple. I truly appreciate Wright's mastery of blending entertainment and life changing messages, but if you are in it just for the entertainment, don't worry, the message won't bog you down. I am grateful to have received a complimentary copy and plan on purchasing a copy for my husband. Bethany House provided my complimentary copy via NetGalley without obligation. All opinions expressed here are my own. 




No comments:

Post a Comment