Sunday, April 14, 2024

The Elusive Truth of Lily Temple by Joanna Davidson Politano - A Book Review

  

I truly appreciate Politano's mastery of storytelling, her skill in the artistry of using words to build ethereal mental images, and the way she uses language to create a melody. I admire the way she uses fiction to explain truth, the most important of truths. In The Elusive Truth of Lily Temple she has woven a sense of fairy tale into a work of historical fiction set in the silent film era. The story also includes a mystery involving a missing gem. While all I have said about Politano's writing is true, I must admit that I wasn't in the right headspace to truly appreciate the whimsical nature of this story at this time, although I still feel comfortable recommending this book because I can imagine myself having been enthralled with it at another time. I am grateful to have received a complimentary copy of this novel from Revell via NetGalley without obligation. All opinions expressed here are my own.




No comments:

Post a Comment