Tuesday, October 15, 2024

Tea With Elephants by Robin Jones Gunn - A Book Review

 

Oh my goodness! I am blessed to have had the experience of losing myself in this story. Gunn's eloquent language paints the most beautiful, vivid pictures of Africa and creates the most intense experience of empathy for the leading ladies of Tea With Elephants. As if my TBR pile wasn't large enough, now I want to go back and reread her Sister Chicks series while waiting for the second book in her new Suitcase Sisters series.

Fern and Lily have been long-distance friends since meeting in Costa Rica as teenagers. Now they are a bit older and a bit wiser traveling together to Africa at a time when they are both at a crossroads in their lives. Robin Gunn does such a beautiful job of demonstrating the beauty of close female relationships and the importance they play in emotional health.

So, grab your favorite comfort food or indulgent treat and that hot beverage that always brings along that deep sigh and sweet smile; draw that hot bath or snuggle under that cozy blanket or quilt and settle in for hours of reading pleasure.

I am grateful to have received a complimentary copy of Tea With Elephants from Revell via NetGalley without obligation. All opinions expressed here are my own. 





No comments:

Post a Comment