Monday, September 30, 2019

A Wind in the Door by Madeleine L'Engle - A Book Review

A Wind in the Door (A Wrinkle in Time Book 2)     An image posted by the author.

A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L'Engle was one of my most favorite books as a child. During the first decade of my teaching career, I read it aloud to my classes. I cannot believe that all that time, I did not realize that the book was the first of a series. Recently my grandson loaned me his copy of the second book, A Wind in the Door. While I had a bit of trouble getting into it, once I did I was hooked. While written as a child's book, few children would grasp the biblical analogies found in the continued story of Meg and Charles Wallace. I found them fascinating, especially the importance of being named. Think of the times God and Jesus gave people a new name. Being named in this context is being fully known and fully loved. I hope that when I return this copy, my grandson will loan me the third book in The Time Quintet. Thank you, Josiah, for sharing with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment