Thursday, September 19, 2019

The Trouble With Tulip by Mindy Starns Clark - A Book Review

    Mindy Starns Clark


I inherited this book and two more in Mindy Starns Clark's Smart Chick Mystery series when my mom passed six years ago. I just got around to pulling this one off of the shelf, and it was just the type of read I needed, a fun, quirky mystery. The story of Jo Tulip, author of a household tip column, and her best friend, photographer Danny Watkins, is filled with several important themes such as repentance, forgiveness, and surrender, while remaining an uplifting, cozy mystery read. I felt like it cleared my palate between some weightier books. I have already pulled the sequel off of the shelf, and am looking forward to reading the continuing story of Jo Tulip as I also read Jesus in Me by Anne Graham Lotz and Hope's Highest Mountain by Misty M. Beller. Happy reading, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment