Monday, February 1, 2021

The Lady in Residence by Allison Pittman - A Book Review

    

Wow! Simply wow! This book kept me awake long into the night, a ghost story that I could actually feel good about reading, characters whose stories tangled themselves in my mind refusing to let me rest until I got answers. Was Hedda's early 1900s story of abuse, love, loss, fear, and determination wrapped up in Dini's contemporary story of being orphaned, living a life dominated by isolation, fear, and determination, or was it the other way around? Who was the most haunted, the most obsessed? I encourage readers who enjoy just a touch of the macabre alongside an old mystery and a bit of romance to read The Lady in Residence, preferably at a time when they've got several uninterrupted hours to immerse themselves in the tale.

I am grateful to have received a complimentary copy of The Lady in Residence from Barbour Books via NetGalley without obligation. All opinions expressed her are my own.


No comments:

Post a Comment