Tuesday, February 2, 2021

When Twilight Breaks by Sarah Sundin - A Book Review

    


You might think that the dark heaviness that this book caused to hang over me as I read was a bad thing, but in actuality it speaks to the author's skill in placing her reader in the middle of her story. Set in Germany in the year 1938 as atrocities began to multiply, as oppression was not only tolerated but encouraged, as other countries looked on, hoping to avoid war and thus ignoring the treatment of people, how could that not bring on a dark heaviness? I have to consider too, as I write this and have to avoid certain words to keep my review from being rejected on some sites, if we are in danger of forgetting, of denying what took place. I am grateful to writers such as Sarah Sundin who keep the memory alive, lest we stand back and allow something similar to ever occur again. The protagonists in this book certainly did not ignore what was happening around them, but rather risked their careers and their very lives to do what was right, as did so many real heroes.

I am grateful to have received a complimentary copy of When Twilight Breaks from Revell via netgally without obligation. All opinions expressed here are my own.


No comments:

Post a Comment