Tuesday, May 25, 2021

Beach Brides Message in a Bottle Boxed Set: "Claire" by Grace Greene - A Novella Review

   

Beach Brides Message in a Bottle Boxed Set includes nine sweet romance novellas each by a different author. Each story focuses on a member of a romance readers book club of which each has been let down by love. The members decide to do a girls' getaway on a Caribbean island and while there each sends off a message in a bottle.

I jumped straight to Grace Greene's contribution to this writing project because I have read and thoroughly enjoyed so many of her books. This novella was no exception. Claire's story, along with her little sister Darcy's, was poignant as are all of Greene's books. The theme of giving oneself and others time to recuperate and move on from tragedy and grief is an important one, and is well woven into the story. Now I am anxious to move on to the new-to-me authors. While I don't expect to make it to the beach this year, this great beach read will take me on a virtual trip without all the sand and sunscreen.

I am grateful to have received a complimentary copy from Elusive Dreams Press via Book Funnel. All opinions expressed here are my own.







No comments:

Post a Comment