Tuesday, June 1, 2021

Bridge of Gold by Kimberley Woodhouse - A Book Review


Oftentimes authors place background information on the story in the back of the book. I am grateful that Kimberley Woodhouse placed her Dear Reader section in the front. The information provided lent credibility to a portion of the story that might have seemed fabricated otherwise. I possessed very little prior knowledge about the building of San Francisco's Golden Gate Bridge, and the story's mysteries that revolved around it were quite intriguing. The dual timeline, that occasionally dipped into a third, played very well in this story. While I want to avoid any spoilers, I will say the surprise guest near the book's end was quite welcome.

I recommend this enjoyable read by one of my favorite authors, and am grateful to have received a complimentary copy from Barbour Publishing via NetGalley without obligation. All opinions expressed here are my own.


No comments:

Post a Comment