Thursday, June 10, 2021

The Letter Keeper by Charles Martin - A Book Review

   

As I finished reading chapter twenty-one, I questioned whether or not I could finish reading this book. Not because I was disappointed, I wasn't. Not because I wasn't fully immersed in the story, I was. But simply because I did not know if my heart could hold any more. The Letter Keeper picks up where The Water Keeper left off, and this book is just as raw and vivid. It is filled with thoughts that one must sit with for a bit before reading on. It is one of those rare pieces of fiction that has the potential of being life-changing if only the reader is willing and not rushed or overwhelmed by life circling around them as they read.

I did go on to complete this book, and my heart does runneth over. I am very grateful to have received a complimentary copy of The Letter Keeper from Thomas Nelson via NetGalley without obligation. All opinions expressed here are my own.


No comments:

Post a Comment