Tuesday, October 19, 2021

Once Upon a Wardrobe by Patti Callahan - A Book Review

   

I wish I were sitting across from you, each with a cup of our favorite hot beverage, sharing my thoughts on Once Upon a Wardrobe. I want to read your expressions, and for you to read mine, to make certain that I am clearly communicating the magic and depth of this story. I am used to understanding books, but not to books understanding me. We have all read books that we have enjoyed, books that have entertained or informed us; then there are those special books that strike a chord within us, that resonate in our hearts. Once Upon a Wardrobe will not only be one of those books for many, it will also be a window into the magic of those books, the ones that fill your heart, that transport you to another time and place, that transform some inner part of you. I realize that I have left a bit of myself within the pages of this book, and have kept a bit of Megs and George within me, and this makes me quite grateful to Patti Callahan for crafting such an extraordinary story. I am grateful as well to Harper Muse for providing me with a complimentary copy of Once Upon a Wardrobe via NetGalley without obligation. All opinions expressed here are my own. 




No comments:

Post a Comment