Tuesday, November 16, 2021

Miss Eliza's English Kitchen: A Novel of Victorian Cookery and Friendship by Annabel Abbs - A Book Review

   

I enjoyed the first eleven chapters of this book very much. Those chapters were in keeping with the book's being a novel of Victorian cooking and friendship as the latter part of the title indicates. Chapter twelve included a rather perverted sexual scene. A quick flip through the book let me know that it was not an isolated event, so I chose to not read further. I would have given the book two stars for content, but gave it three factoring in the quality of the wordsmithing. I am grateful to have received a complimentary copy of this book from William Morrow without obligation. All opinions expressed here are my own.  




No comments:

Post a Comment