Tuesday, January 4, 2022

High-Wire Heartbreak by Anna Schmidt - A Book Review

  

The Ringmaster's Wife by Kristy Cambron made me long for a Sarasota, Florida vacation to tour the Ca d'Zan estate and museum. High-Wire Heartbreak by Anna Schmidt reinforced that desire. This book focuses on a fictional trapeze artist, Lucinda Conroy, in the late 1930s, early 1940s and her ancestors in 2022. Both stories play out against the backdrop of John and Mable Ringling's elaborate Ca d'Zan estate. The themes of betrayal and long kept secrets which can only be healed by exposing them to the light is well developed through the story's plot.

While my favorite of the two books remains The Ringmaster's Wife, High-Wire Heartbreak is a very enjoyable read which I do recommend. I am grateful to have received a complimentary copy from Barbour Publishing via NetGalley without obligation. All opinions expressed here are my own. 



No comments:

Post a Comment