Thursday, March 3, 2022

The Spark of Love by Amanda Cabot - A Book Review

   

Set in the mid-1850s in a small town in Texas, The Spark of Love is not only a story of romantic love, but also the deep love of close friendships and the love of parents and their children, even if the children are now adults. The story also deals with the vital importance of trust and forgiveness in any type of loving relationship. The suspense element of this book deals with greed and how far some people are willing to go to fulfill their own selfish desires. I was in chapter twenty before I fully sorted out all the bad actors, but that only added to the drive to keep reading. While this is the third book in Cabot's Mesquite Springs series, it does work well as a stand-along read. I highly recommend this book and series.

I am grateful to have received a complimentary copy of The Spark of Love from Revell via NetGalley without obligation. All opinions expressed here are my own.  




1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you enjoyed Alexandra and Gabe's story so much! Thanks for sharing your opinion with others.

    ReplyDelete