Tuesday, July 5, 2022

The Extraordinary Deaths of Mrs. Kip by Sara Brunsvold - A Book Review

  

2022 has already yielded several true literary gems of which The Extraordinary Deaths of Mrs. Kip shines among the brightest. I typically avoid books about cancer, that being a topic that seeks to foil my attempt to read to escape the darkness of the times in which we live. By acquiescing to the nudge I felt to read this book, I experienced a breath of life in Mrs. Kip's story, a life lived by loving deeply, by the giving of one's self over to many tiny deaths. This book is potentially life changing, and I pray that I will allow it to change mine a little more each and every single day.

The Extraordinary Deaths of Mrs. Kip is extremely well-written. Brunsvold does not shy away from the physical realities of the final days of our earthly life, but she does bathe them in spiritual loveliness, with the great anticipation for what awaits us as believers, while also inspiring us to finish well, doing the Lord's work until our final breaths. This is a story that is not to be missed.

I am grateful to have received a complimentary copy of this book from Revell via NetGalley without obligation. All opinions expressed here are my own. 




2 comments: