Wednesday, September 7, 2022

Still My Forever by Kim Vogel Sawyer - A Book Review

  

Still My Forever is set in a Mennonite community in 1905 Falke, Kansas. Twenty-one year-old Ava Flaming lives with her parents, caring for her ailing mother, and nursing her own broken heart. Gil Baty, who was briefly Ava's fiance before moving to New York to pursue a career in music, has returned to Falke to nurse his wounded spirit. While I have no musical talent, and not a great amount of interest in music, I was enthralled by this story that is wrapped in music. I believe you will be as well.

Kim Vogel Sawyer has a way of making her characters matter to her readers, and in doing so she is also able to help her readers embrace her characters' life lessons, lessons easily applied to our daily lives, lessons that go down with a spoonful of sugar which is the enjoyment of a story well-told. I am grateful to have received a complimentary copy of Still My Forever from WaterBrook via NetGalley without obligation. All opinions expressed here are my own. 




No comments:

Post a Comment