Thursday, September 1, 2022

The Bride of Blackfriars Lane by Michelle Griep - A Book Review

  

It was so much fun to rejoin Kit Turner and Inspector Jackson Forge in their many antics as they seek to bring criminals to justice in some quite unconventional ways. Set in 1885 London, the pair has a bit more leeway than today's law enforcement. The tension created in Kit and Jackson's relationship by Kit's arriving several hours late for their wedding adds additional interest to the tale. While I thoroughly enjoyed this entertaining read, I must admit the ending fell a little flat, with both main characters arriving at a plan that did not match up with the conversations leading up to the climax. Nevertheless, the book is rollicking fun, and I do recommend it.

I am grateful to have received a complimentary copy of The Bride of Blackfriars Lane from Barbour Publishing without obligation. All opinions expressed here are my own.




No comments:

Post a Comment