Monday, February 27, 2023

The Mercy Tree by Sharlene MacLaren - A Book Review

  

If you frequently read my reviews, you may have noticed that I am very selective about giving five star reviews,but I happily give that to The Mercy Tree by new-to-me author Sharlene MacLaren. Those who enjoy reading women's fiction will quickly become engrossed in this story set in 1955, a tale of a pastor whose sin, committed while serving as a soldier in Japan nine years prior, comes to light in a very public way. It is a story of struggles within relationships whether they be between spouses, parents and children, or members of a church community, as well as being a story about forgiveness and grace.

This book is well-written. The dialogue is natural and brings forth a great depth of emotion. The characters seem real-to-life; many may feel like someone you know. As with all of us, they are not perfect, but are sinners in need of a Savior. I am so very grateful to have received a complimentary copy of The Mercy Tree from the author without obligation. All opinions expressed here are my own.





No comments:

Post a Comment