Tuesday, June 20, 2023

A Shadow in Moscow by Katherine Reay - A Book Review

  

I had not read many, if any, books set largely in the Soviet Union during the Cold War. Katherine Reay's A Shadow in Moscow is an enthralling tale of two female spies working within Moscow. Ingrid's story spans from 1944 into 1985, Anya's from 1980 into 1985 with a brief glimpse into her life in 2023 in the epilogue. Their exploits and sacrifices are amazing and echo those of real-life MI6 and CIA spies. As much as I learned about Soviet culture, I was also reminded of both positive and negative aspects of our American culture, aspects that may be masked at times by more current cultural issues. A Shadow in Moscow is not only a fascinating read, but is also quite thought-provoking. I give it five stars without hesitation.

I am grateful to have received a complimentary copy from Harper Muse via NetGalley without obligation. All opinions expressed here are my own.




No comments:

Post a Comment