Saturday, June 10, 2023

Double Indemnity by Robert Whitlow - A Book Review

  

Reverend Connor Grantham, a scholarly pastor, serves a church in the foothills of the Appalachian Mountains in north Georgia. He loves the outdoor life the area has to offer. Unfortunately his life grows more and more complicated in relation to the complications growing in the lives of the couple he is counseling. The wife has a way of making her problems his problems. As she also does for her attorney, Liz Acosta.

At about twenty percent into Double Indemnity, I told my husband, also a Robert Whitlow fan, that this book just didn't feel like a Robert Whitlow novel. It just felt flat. Then around a third of the way in, there it was, Robert Whitlow's voice that I'd been missing. I am not really sure if it was because I finally became engaged with the story or because the author did. From that point on, the story was compelling, and well worth the time invested.

I am grateful to have received a complimentary copy of Double Indemnity from Thomas Nelson via NetGalley without obligation. All opinions expressed here are my own. 




No comments:

Post a Comment