Tuesday, June 27, 2023

This Is Where It Ends by Cindy K. Sproles - A Book Review

  


I selected this book by an author that was unknown to me because of its setting in the mountains of Kentucky in the early 1900s. I am glad I took the risk, and will be on the lookout for other books by Cindy K. Sproles. This Is Where It Ends is a multi-themed story which deals with the importance of considering well before making a promise, the importance of connecting with others in one's community, and the value of the elderly. These themes spring from a delightful story that is filled with both chuckles and tears. Sproles does a marvelous job with character development, truly capturing the mountain spirit in Minerva Jane Jenkins, and the gentle spirits of Delano Rankin. The story left me reminded of and marveling in God's perfect timing in our lives, even the times when it feels like just the opposite.

I am grateful to have received a complimentary copy of This Is Where It Ends from Revell via NetGalley without obligation. All opinions expressed here are my own. 



No comments:

Post a Comment