Tuesday, May 7, 2024

Secondary Target by Angela Carlisle - A Book Review

  

I am so happy that Secondary Target is the first book of a new series, and I have other books to look forward to. Angela Carlisle has done an incredible job of plotting this romantic suspense with a second chance romance trope. The suspense definitely takes precedence over the romance, so if you are not a fan of romance, don't let that deter you from reading this book. I'm not often surprised by an ending to the degree I was by this book's ending. That in itself is good enough for me to recommend it so highly, but the characters and believable dialogue are additional reasons. This will be a great summer night or beach read if you are picking it up soon after release, but will be an equally good chilly night read snuggled up under a blanket with a hot beverage if you are coming across it later.

I am very grateful to have received a complimentary copy of Secondary Target from Bethany House via NetGalley without obligation. All opinions expressed here are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment