Wednesday, May 1, 2024

The Museum of Lost Quilts by Jennifer Chiaverini - A Book Review

  

Jennifer Chiaverini has written more than forty books, but she is a new-to-me author! I will definitely be on the look out for more of her titles. The Museum of Lost Quilts is a part of the large Em Creek Quilts series, but I was unaware of that until I read the author's note at the end. It worked very well as a stand-alone read. I found it enthralling. Summer Sullivan is struggling to complete her masters thesis, having lost the heart for it has brought on a bad case of writer's block. Looking for a place of peace and refuge, Summer returns to her home among the Elm Creek Quilters. Once there, she quickly gets side-tracked with a project for the local historical society, collecting quilts of historical significance and curating an exhibit of these quilts. That in itself is a great undertaking, but a local businessman is determined to make it even more difficult.

Not only did I immensely enjoy the well-written story, I was very interested in the object labels for he exhibited quilts. Their descriptions and history were intriguing. I highly recommend The Museum of Lost Quilts to readers of women's fiction, to those who have an interest in historical artifacts or quilting, and to those who enjoy stories of finding one's true self. I am grateful to have received a complimentary copy of this novel from William Morrow/Harper Collins Publishers via NetGalley without obligation. All opinions expressed here are my own.




No comments:

Post a Comment