Friday, March 13, 2020

The Bronte Plot by Katherine Reay - A Book Review

The Brontë Plot by [Reay, Katherine]   Katherine Reay


How did I possibly allow this book to linger on my e-shelf for five years? It is an outstanding read, and has inspired me to read some of the classics that I have always meant to get around to reading. (I actually downloaded Wuthering Heights this evening.) Katherine Reay so intertwines quotes from classic books into this story that they both contribute to the feel of the story and almost become a character speaking into the lives of Lucy, James and Helen.

The theme of The Bronte Plot revolves around honesty and integrity, values often lacking in our society. The associated hard lessons are tempered by the book's other theme of grace and mercy, both accepted and given. Reay makes readers care about her characters, to want the best for them. I highly recommend this book. It is perfectly paired with a long weekend and multiple pots of tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment