Thursday, April 8, 2021

Aftershocks by Jeff Kinley - A Book Review

   


With a 2021 copyright, Aftershocks is very pertinent to today, but will remain so for some time to come. While the book examines current events, it is focused on a time in the future, a date not yet known but to One, the day of the Lord's return. Kinley examines topics such as globalism, technology, and our economy in the light of biblical prophesy. He does not claim to read the signs, but rather examines the Scriptures and points out what things in our current society make certain prophesies possible in a way that didn't exist before while acknowledging that God is supernaturally able to accomplish His Word at any time. While it did take me a few chapters to get into the book, it wasn't long before I was telling my husband that this is one that we need to read together. I look forward to reading it with him, taking time to look up each Scriptural reference and examine them more fully alongside Kinley's thoughts. Quoting Revelation 22:18-19, it is obvious that Kinley takes very seriously the admonition there for anyone who adds prophecy to God's Word. Aftershocks is written with insight and caution. I am grateful to have received a complimentary copy of the book from Harvest House Publishers via NetGalley without obligation. All opinions expressed here are my own.


1 comment:

  1. I heard this author today on Janet Parshall's In The Marketplace on Moody Radio. He stated that all the prophecies that needed to preceed Jesus return have been accomplished. I find that intriguing and exciting. Have just ordered the book for my wife and i.

    ReplyDelete