Tuesday, April 20, 2021

Blood and Treasure: Daniel Boone and the Fight for America's First Frontier by Bob Drury and Tom Clavin - A Book Review

       

Drury and Clavin have written a very-well-researched piece about the American legend, Daniel Boone. While I was anticipating a more novelized version, this unemotional, fact-based version paints a clear, realistic picture of the beloved woodsman. It also clearly explains his role in both readily familiar as well as more obscure historical events. The book is definitely a vocabulary booster, and made me glad that I could simply highlight words such as chiaroscuro, atavistically, and eponymous on my Kindle to discover their meaning. I recommend this book to both those who have a passion for American history and those who simply want to know a bit more about Boone and the times in which he lived. I am grateful to have received a complimentary copy of Blood and Treasure from St. Martin Press via NetGalley without obligation. All opinions expressed here are my own.


No comments:

Post a Comment