Thursday, February 3, 2022

Drawn by the Current by Jocelyn Green - A Book Review

   

Not too far into Drawn by the Current I flipped to the back to read the Author's Note. I wanted to understand to what degree the main historical event was based on fact. Discovering the truth of what took place on July 24, 1915 ramped up the emotional factor of an already emotionally charged story. It is shocking that this event from our country's history has been largely forgotten.

Author Jocelyn Green is a master storyteller. Research has shown that readers as a group have a greater degree of empathy than non-readers. It is within the tales of writers such as Jocelyn Green that that deeper empathy is developed. She creates characters that readers care about, and draws readers into the depths of emotion her characters experience.

I highly recommend Green's Windy City Saga series, of which Drawn by the Current is book three. The books can be enjoyed as stand-alone reads, but I am glad to have read them in order, getting to know the characters and their back stories. I am grateful to have received a complimentary copy of this most recent release from Bethany House by NetGalley without obligation. All opinions expressed here are my own.




2 comments:

  1. I loved the first one. I have the second checked out from the library and hope to get to it soon, and then read this one :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will be delighted by both the second and third as well. Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete