Tuesday, February 22, 2022

Find Your People: Building Deep Community in a Lonely World by Jennie Allen - A Book Review

  

Jennie Allen carefully lays out the rationale explaining why it is that we all crave community, even those, like me, who are introverts. She also makes a case for how a lack of community negatively impacts us. Rather than leaving readers to wonder how to go about meeting this need, Allen provides practical methods for doing so. She is very open with sharing her own struggles in creating and maintaining community relationships.

I requested an advanced reader copy of this book as it seemed to link well with both personal and church congregational goals regarding reestablishing relationships on this side of the pandemic. I found the book to align with these goals, and look forward to applying what I've read and recommending the book to others. I am grateful to have received a complimentary copy from WaterBrook via NetGalley without obligation. All opinions expressed here are my own. 




No comments:

Post a Comment