Wednesday, April 6, 2022

A Rose for the Resistance by Angela K. Couch - A Book Review

   

I had almost passed this book by, but am so glad to have read a review that made me reconsider. Angela K. Couch is a new-to-me author, whom I am happy to have discovered. Once again Barbour Publishing is bringing together wonderful contributors to a series, this one being Heroines of WW II. Couch's heroine is a young woman, Rosalie Barrieau, who once seeks to stay under the radar and care for her mother and brother as best she can, but eventually becomes a part of the French Resistance. A couple of possibilities for a love interest add complexities to the plot. The theme of laying one's life down for his friends and the bravery and faith required for that is well-incorporated into the storyline.

I highly recommend A Rose for the Resistance and am grateful to have received a complimentary copy from Barbour Publishing via NetGalley without obligation. All opinions expressed here are my own. 




No comments:

Post a Comment