Tuesday, April 5, 2022

A Hundred Crickets Singing by Cathy Gohlke - A Book Review

   

I am a big fan of split time fiction. Typically I enjoy both storylines, but have a distinct favorite. This was not the case with A Hundred Crickets Singing. I was equally enthralled with both the Civil War era and the World War II era stories. Both stories inspire a desire to see justice done, and great angst when justice is denied. The themes of seeing all humans as being created in God's image thus having great worth and loving our neighbor as ourselves are well-developed without coming across as preachy.

This novel is extremely well-written, having believable dialogue, creating vivid mental and emotional images, and appealing to a wide variety of reader personalities. I am grateful to have received a complimentary copy of A Hundred Crickets Singing from Tyndale House Publishers via NetGalley without obligation. All opinions expressed here are my own. 




4 comments:

  1. Thank you for this wonderful review! I'm so glad you enjoyed both timelines in the book and that you really captured the heart of the story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you enjoyed A Hundred Crickets Singing! Thank you for this wonderful review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for this insightful review of A Hundred Cricket Singing! I'm so glad you enjoyed the story and found and shared its meaning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cathy, you are quite welcome. It is always a pleasure to show my appreciation for a great read by writing a review.

      Delete