Monday, August 1, 2022

Laura's Shadow by Allison Pittman - A Book Review

  

I have enjoyed Barbour Publishing's Doors to the Past series, but this particular addition to the series fell a little flat. I didn't dislike it, but neither did I ever feel fully engaged with the story or the characters. I had been excited by the author's note at the beginning of the book explaining how the book was inspired by Laura Ingalls Wilder's Little House on the Prairie books, thinking it would make the perfect gift for our daughter-in-law. After reading Laura's Shadow I no longer anticipate that she, a great fan of Ingall's books, would be delighted with this book. I also want to mention that I would classify the book more as clean fiction rather than Christian fiction. It is a dual-timeline tale.

I do remain grateful to have received a complimentary copy of Laura's Shadow from Barbour Publishing via NetGalley without obligation. All opinions expressed here are my own. 




2 comments:

  1. That is a disappointment! I was/am looking forward to this one as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cindy, I would love to hear your take on this book after you read it. I know some books aren't for certain people and are just right for others.

      Delete