Tuesday, October 4, 2022

The Lost Melody by Joanna Davidson Politano - A Book Review

  

I have a lot of mixed emotions about this book. The writing itself is beautiful as Politano's writing always is. The subject matter is depressing in many ways as one would expect of a story set in a Victorian era asylum. The injustices bring forth great angst. Politano is a masterful storyteller who pulls deep emotions from her readers. Yet, this story did seem to have an exceptionally slow pace, dragging just a bit. I am glad that I did not let my impatience get the better of me, for the ending was truly worth waiting for.

I am grateful to have received a complimentary copy of The Lost Melody from Revell via NetGalley without obligation. All opinions expressed here are my own.




2 comments:

  1. I have this one to read too. I hate that it's a bit depressing, hopefully I will enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to hear your thoughts after you read it.

    ReplyDelete