Tuesday, October 18, 2022

Wreathed in Disgrace by Robin Patchen - A Book Review

  

What a pleasant surprise! I was not surprised by how much I enjoyed this book because I always find pleasure in reading Robin Patchen's romantic suspense stories. I was surprised that Denise Masters and Jon Donley were the characters on whom the story focused. Previous mentions of Denise Masters in this series never painted a pretty picture, at least not below skin deep pretty. In Wreathed in Disgrace Patchen truly shows us that there is more than one side to every story as we learn why Denise abandoned her young family eight years ago. I hadn't expected bodyguard Jon Donley to return to Coventry, but am so glad Patchen included him in this action-packed story; now I hope that his cousin, Lake, will be the focus of a future book.

So many series these days are limited to three books. Wreathed in Disgrace is the eighth book in Patchen's Coventry Saga series. I truly appreciate this series as well as her Nutfield Saga series that allow readers to get to know her characters well. It makes me want to pack up and vacation in one of these two New Hampshire small towns. I am grateful to have received a complimentary copy of this her latest book from the author without obligation. All opinions expressed here are my own.




No comments:

Post a Comment