Tuesday, October 11, 2022

The Premonition at Withers Farm by Jaime Jo Wright - A Book Review

  

A few chapters into The Premonition at Withers Farm, I told my husband that if I didn't trust Jaime Jo Wright so much I would have put this book down due to concern as to whether it was appropriate Christian reading. Having just finished the book, I am so happy that my trust was well-placed. Jaime Jo Wright writes the creepiest of tales,but in the end the message at the root of the story is true to the Word.

The Premonition at Withers Farm is a perfect chilly fall evening read, although you will want to be prepared for it to keep you awake well into the night. The dual timeline ties together the Withers and Wasziak families in both the current times and the early 1900s. Both stories involve apparitions and murder, chills and thrills!

While I give this book five stars, I must state one caveat. If you have dealt with miscarriages, be aware of your tolerance for books that make this experience part of the storyline. While Jaime Jo Wright handles this with tact and sensitivity as one character deals with intense grief, readers must decide if this is the best read for them at the time.

I am grateful to have received a complimentary copy of The Premonition at Withers Farm from Bethany House via NetGalley without obligation. All opinions expressed here are my own 




2 comments:

  1. Excellent review! I am looking forward to reading this one (apparently not at night, LOL!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Cindy. I always look forward to Jaime Jo Wright's next book, and she never disappoints.

      Delete